The Ethereum community went by its largest improve in historical past, transitioning to a Proof-of-Stake consensus algorithm.
Instantly after that, customers are discovering intelligent methods to commemorate the occasion and to develop into a part of historical past.
- On this explicit case, a person spent a whopping 36 ETH value about $60K at present charges to mint the very first-ever non-fungible tokens on the PoS-based Ethereum community.
- That is what the NFT seems to be like:
- Minted at block top 15537394, the picture itself represents a panda face and is named “The Transition.”
- There’s a sure irony in the truth that somebody paid a lot to mint an NFT, nevertheless it’s additionally necessary to notice that the Merge itself doesn’t do a lot to lower fuel charges on Ethereum’s community.
- This is among the hottest misconceptions in regards to the occasion.
- The Merge has modified the general consensus algorithm and doesn’t broaden the community capability – for this reason it received’t considerably scale back the fuel charges.
- Nonetheless, there are a number of scaling options which might be to be deployed at a later stage to deal with this explicit problem.